Amy Maliza has been practicing in the area of corporate law since 2003. Her law practice involves a broad range of corporate and real estate transactions, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions and outside general counsel representation to growing companies. Amy routinely represents both individual and corporate clients in the negotiation and preparation of documents relating to business sales and acquisitions, purchases and sales of real estate assets, residential and commercial leasing, debt and equity financings, corporate governance, SEC compliance, and other customary corporate transactions. Over the past several years, Amy has expanded her practice to concentrate on the fast-growing and evolving U.S. marijuana/cannabis industry. She has had the opportunity to work with several development-stage companies in the cannabis and cannabis-adjacent industries and has helped guide them from the initial formation and internal organizational phase through funding events and asset acquisitions.
· Represented single microcap issuer in raising over $25M in separate equity financing transactions.
· Represented cannabis-related publicly-traded company in financing and acquisition of assets.
· Represented restauranteurs in their initial formations, acquisitions, leasing, and licensing.
· Represented buyer in acquisition of corporate assets of major competitor through federal bankruptcy bidding procedure.
· Represented developers in approximately $30M of residential and commercial real estate acquisitions and sales in South Florida.
· Serves as Outside General Counsel to Dark Matter Cipher, LLC, a Silicon Valley-originated technology company.
· Represented buyer in acquisition of a controlling stake of Gibraltar football club.
· Represented several charitable organizations in obtaining 501(c)3 status from the Internal Revenue Service and compliance with continuing state and federal corporate governance requirements.
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2003 Carleton College, B.A. 1998
New York, 2003 Florida, 2006
Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP (New York, NY), Corporate Associate, 2003 - 2005 Holland & Knight LLP (Miami, FL), Public Companies Associate, 2005
di Santo Law (Miami, FL), Partner, 2007-2010
Car Charging Group, Inc. (Miami, FL), General Counsel, 2010 - 2016
New York State Bar Association
Florida Bar Association—Business Law Section
Board of Directors Talent4Change, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization